Sunday, December 7, 2008

3:59:52

My official race time for the Memphis Marathon! I am so happy!
We went to Memphis for the race this weekend. Paula and Andy played with our girls while Russ and I ran. He ran the half-marathon and I did the full. I ran with "running Katie" as she's known at our house, for the first 16 miles then let her go on because I knew I couldn't sustain that pace for 10 more miles. My goal was 3:59:59 and amazingly I did just that! Russ asked how in the world I made it in just under the wire and I told him my only explanation was God pulling me through!
We had a fun weekend! The weather was frigid - 27 degrees at the start. I ran with completely numb feet for the first 3 miles before getting any feeling back in them. The sights in Memphis were neat. Lots of beautiful, old homes and landmarks.
I'm so glad I did it and so glad it's over!
"His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse, nor His delight in the legs of a man; the Lord delights in those who fear Him, who put their hope in His unfailing love." Psalm 147:10-11
 

fleet lawsuit