Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cheetos


My dad would have been 63 today. To celebrate Paula brought a bag a Cheetos over to eat in his honor! Cheetos were one of his favorite foods. Anna Claire sang "Happy Birthday" to him in her own special way:
"Happy Birthday to heaven
happy birthday to heaven
Happy birthday dear PaPaul
happy birthday to heaven!"

After my Bible study time I sometimes read a day in "Prayers for the Faithful." Today I felt especially compelled to read this book. The verse God gave me was Psalm 56:3-4 "When I am afraid I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?"
Almost 8 years ago a "mortal man" killed my father but that same man sent my dad into the presence of his heavenly Father. And this same "mortal man" has sent me to humbly bow before my heavenly Father almost every day for 8 years. When I am afraid I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What has mortal man done to me?

2 comments:

bestillknowiamhere said...

That paragraph touched me .thank you for posting that,it reminds me that i need to trust God even while afraid.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, it's really touched me, this post especially. I'm 15 and haven't spoken to God much in the last few weeks. This post reminded me that I cant fix things without God's help. When things get tough I tend to block God out, giving up prayer. You have reminded me I need Him. Thank you so much and God Bless.

 

fleet lawsuit