Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's







Happy Valentine's! We have had a great day! Anna Claire got to take Russ to school for a special breakfast - Donuts with Daddy. Unfortunately, poor Lizzie has an ear infection and did not get to go to school and missed her Valentine's party. To make matters worse, she picked her outfit for this special day right after Christmas! So Lizzie stayed with me today and "helped" me grocery shop. We also got ready for our fancy dinner. We have a cabinet in our dining room with beautiful china and crystal that we never use. Russ calls it the "cabinet of uselessness" and my sister says it's wasted on me. Well I had a great idea to have a fancy Valentine's supper complete with everything except silver. Table cloth - cloth napkins - candles ... I made pork tenderloin, baked sweet potatoes, black-eyed pea & avocado salad, fresh fruit, cornbread, and cookies with ice cream. We dressed up and let the girls pick out whatever "fancy" outfit they wanted to wear. It was fun! Lizzie LOVED it and Anna Claire tolerated it fairly well. We talked about manners, being polite, and the basics on how to act at a nice meal. I would not enjoy "fine dining" every night but we had a great time!
We also spent time reading 1 Corinthians 13 tonight and reflecting on true love - the love God has for us! Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Sorry about the ear ache. I loved seeing the pictures.

 

fleet lawsuit