Thursday, November 6, 2008

This mommy's lament over daylight savings ending...

Why must you rise so early sun?
Lizzie's up; her day's begun

Too early to hear,
"I need you mommy dear

Help me get out of this diaper
I need to feel cleaner & lighter

Let's put on pretty panties
I'll pick them out so you be ready

Now for my favorite - a twirly dress
don't say no or I'll be a mess

Next are my socks and even my shoes
Pink will be the shoes I choose

What's next? Hair out of my face
a ponytail will hold it in place

Thanks mommy - I'm ready for the day
Where is sister? I want to play!"

All of this is done
not a minute past 6:01!
This is no fault of her's, she just like me
I know my mom thinks this is funny.
Thank you Lord for another day
Lead us in Your patient way!

2 comments:

joanne said...

did you write that poem? i look foward everyday to your stories about your little girls , they have to be the funniest girls i have never met :)

melanie said...

I did write the poem!
I'm glad you like the blog!

 

fleet lawsuit