Monday, March 23, 2009

Anna Claire's 1st Wedding

Saturday night Anna Claire and I went to her first wedding! Lizzie was suppose to go but instead she stayed home with her daddy and they had a date at Chick-Fila. Our entire family was invited but Russ says "No" to most every wedding - they are not his thing.
The wedding was at 6pm in a town about one hour from our house. Anna Claire was very excited/nervous/scared about going. She thought maybe the music would be too loud... Over all she was great! We arrived early so she had time to examine everything, everyone and read the hymnal. While they seated the mothers she started clapping because "Canon in D" plays on her glow worm! She clapped again when a duet was sung of "In Christ Alone." "Mommy, we have that song in our car." The male singer had a nice but loud and harsh voice, I think his calling is more AC/DC as opposed to "In Christ Alone." At one point Anna Claire said, "Someone is screaming instead of singing." I wonder how many times she has been told those words???
She sat quietly through the ceremony because I gave her a peppermint.
I must take a moment and comment on the bride. Her father died in June 2005 and she chose to walk down the aisle alone! Everyone there must have welled-up with emotion, like me, as she walked alone in her own wedding. As someone who lost her dad about a year after my own wedding it was very touching.
Back to the star of the show ... Anna Claire asked me if it was Jeana's birthday since she got to wear such a big dress. And she was disappointed that the groom was already at the front of the church - she thought he ought to be her prince that comes and gets her. So interesting to see things through the eyes of a child!
The highlight of the evening was wedding cake and the marshmallows dipped in chocolate. Unfortunately these two thing were the extent of her supper that night.
Another funny comment she made ... I told her that we had come to my cousins wedding at that same church and Anna Claire was in my tummy at that wedding (I was 32 weeks pregnant). She was so excited and said, "O good! I was being carried around. Did I like it in there?"

No comments:

 

fleet lawsuit