Monday, July 20, 2009

Bryson City, NC







I am so happy to
have Internet again...
We drove up last Saturday to meet my brother and his family in North Carolina. We had such a fun visit! Sunday we drove to Clingmon's Dome and climbed to the top - fortunately it was so thick with clouds I was not scared to go to the top. I don't heights!
Sunday afternoon we rented inter tubes to float down Deep Creek. My brother wanted us to get in above the small waterfall so we could ride down it. Anna Claire and I got in our inter tube and set off for the waterfalls - unfortunately we ended upside down in the middle! It was scary and I knew Anna Claire the Drama Queen would not deal well with this turn of events! I didn't blame her for screaming because it was scary but I hated to ruin every other person's trip down the creek! We got back in the water BELOW the waterfall and rode down to where we parked our car. We did not fall out anymore but Anna Claire screamed and screamed and screamed!!! She said, "Get me out of here!" and " I want to ride with Daddy or Uncle Bubbie" (that's my brother) then she yelled, "I just want to ride with a boy!!!" So did I! We survived but she may have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from the whole ordeal. I'm afraid one day when she's on a youth trip and the youth minister wants to take them tubing Anna Claire will freak out! Poor Girl!
Monday was better! We went on a real train ride through the Smokey Mountains! Everyone had a great time.
Tuesday we drove home through Atlanta and stopped by the American Girl Store. Anna Claire got a Molly McIntire doll and she was SOOOO excited!
It was a great trip!

No comments:

 

fleet lawsuit