Monday, July 20, 2009

Music to my ears...


The time has finally arrived! My girls sat down and watched the Sound of Music yesterday - not in its entirety at one time! What a great movie for them to enjoy. I remember watching it as a little girl and wanting to be Gretel. Of course I was delighted when Anna Claire said both she and Lizzie wanted to be the 5 year old girl. Even at the pool today Lizzie got down on the steps and sang "the sun has gone to bed and so must I." Then she laid her little head down and pretended Lisel came to pick her up - my heart melted!
My moment was soon ruined when Anna Claire said, "That's not what Rachel did." I thought - who's Rachel??? Then I said, " Her name is Gretel!" Since then they call themselves "Retel." We will be working on that...
I'm still elated because it's finally time for "Mary Poppins" and "Meet Me in St. Louis" and any other wonderful old movie I can find! Especially musicals!!!

No comments:

 

fleet lawsuit