Monday, July 16, 2012

Imagination

Anna Claire has an amazing imagination! She comes up with all sorts of things for her and Lizzie to play. Anna Claire is always in character, whether that's Molly the American Girl or the keeper of the fairies that live in her head or the mother of Mare Izabel (pronounced Mary Isabelle) her baby doll or one of the Von Trapp children from the Sound of Music. Mostly if I hear someone yell, "Mom!" I ignore it because if I answer the reply is inevitably, "I'm not talking to you." Lucky for us Lizzie is very good to oblige all the demands her sister requires, most of the time.
My two favorite games they play are "Marker Town" and today she came up with animating the states. She is currently tracing the fifty states to make them characters is her newest story, "Happy Birthday, Indiana!" For those interested, "Marker Town" was a game played in our car using two different packs of markers. They had awesome names like Blue and Bluey, Black and Blacka, Brownie and Cafe. Hours were spent entertaining each other with this fantastic game. The markers had amazing adventures that included parents dying and orphans, trips to Disney World, and going to school.
The other day I heard Anna Claire say, "Lizzie, where are you?" And Lizzie replied, "The living room." Anna Claire said, "No, I mean in real life." And Lizzie said, "Seriously, I'm in the living room!" At times Lizzie has enough of pretend land:) I've overheard her say,"You know that isn't real, Anna Claire?"

1 comment:

ahlost said...

Your daughters are so adorable <3 <3

 

fleet lawsuit